As mentioned before, we all have access to the sixth sense. HSPs are way ahead of the game in this because our nervous systems are more attuned to subtleties. The key to developing a stronger intuition is paying attention to and taking steps to expand that awareness.
Below are five real steps that you can consciously take to gain a higher awareness and boost your intuition.
Work on Your Mindset
Mindset is the most important component in the formula below. Developing the right conscious mindset is the door that opens your subconscious where that intuition lies.
- Meditate. A daily practice of meditation clears your head of cluttering thoughts, anxiety, and other toxic turmoil that stands in the way.
- Believe in yourself. Intuition is no hocus-pocus. It is a real, scientific phenomenon.
- Open your mind to possibilities. You can choose to believe that so much more is possible than the eye can see. Or, you can believe that the world is completely stagnant. All the great thinkers and inventors of the world dared to dream in what was once thought to be impossible.
Exercise your Subconscious
You strengthen the muscle that is your subconscious (where intuition resides) by using it.
- Journal. Write every day. You can do this in any fashion you like. But the way I like to do it – that accesses my subconscious the most — is fast writing. First, decide on a question you want answered. Get pen and paper (not the computer), set a timer for 10 minutes, then write whatever comes to your mind, without thinking about it, until your timer goes off. You’ll be surprised what comes from your writing.
- Pay attention to your inner voice – Track and refine your gut feelings. HSPs are well-acquainted with their inner voice. Try keeping a log of what it tells you, your reaction, and what resulted.
- Allow your inner guide room to work. Stop stifling that inner voice. It’s there for a reason.
Make Lifestyle Changes
Real change happens when you coordinate it with healthy habits.
- Spend more time in nature – connect with animals. This is something we enjoy doing to start with, but sometimes we don’t value its importance to our health, including developing our sixth sense.
- Develop self-care practices. When you take care of yourself, you clear the path for your mind to work efficiently.
- Honor your need for solitude. When you spend time alone, you regenerate your energy. Again, necessary to allowing your intuition to grow.
- Choose friends and companions wisely. We are especially susceptible to toxic people. When toxic people invade your space, they sap your ability to connect authentically with your subconscious.
We are physical beings living a spiritual life. Whatever your beliefs, make them the center, guiding force in your life.
- Honor your soul. Your soul is wise beyond your physical mind. You are unique and special. Keep this truth foremost in your mind.
- Develop your relationship with your higher power. Connection with your higher power provides strength and opens the door to miracles of the mind.
- Become friends with your higher self. Your higher self, like your higher power, has abilities beyond physical comprehension.
- Build your compassion. As you place a higher emphasis on compassion, intuition thrives. Conscientiousness is a trait we are endowed with. And it supports compassionate efforts. In this, we have an advantage. Use it.
Be Kind to Yourself
Above all, treat yourself well.
- Accept your feelings without judgement. You are wise beyond what you give yourself credit for. Your feelings are the vehicle through which your intuition seeks you out.
- Be patient with the process. The harder you try, the more difficult it will be. Allow the miracle that is your sixth sense to emerge on its own. If you follow these steps with patience, your intuition will come into its own.
While intuition is available to every human, it is a superpower for HSPs. Use these steps to strengthen and support your unique gifts as an HSP.
Copyright 2023, Monica Nelson